Modest LD Gren Rain + Female Bascuelgion (Peak was 1765 before I stopped caring to ladder with it.)

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hello, its me again. Zora here with another team that works well in the meta and can reliably break just about any team (barring ogerpon-water+AV wake+water absorb clod teams lol). I got pretty high on the ladder with extremely minimal effort and shows what seems to be a fresh take on rain sweepers.

First mon!

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Surf
- U-turn
- Roost

Well, this is rain after-all. You need a reliable rain setter that can eat a few hits before giving out and giving your rain sweepers 7 turns to piss on the opponent. Genuinely, there isn't much to elaborate on with peli besides the tera type lol. But, the defense EVs are standard, and are used to come in for a turn on quite a few physical attackers, and then go right back out or even tera and attempt to KO kingambit. Tera is used specifically for kingambit and resisting u-turn which is the reason I chose fighting over dark. (Can't go fairy bc weakness to steel).

2nd mon!

Amoonguss @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Spore

Amoong is the eject pokemon of choice as it has great typing, regenerator so it can "wall" iron val/enam. And, it can click spore on most pokemon or even put bulky kingambit into shuriken range. Giga drain is for water garg/empoleon. It also comes in on both clodsire and ogerpon-water and kills/forces pon out. Once again, not much to say as it is extremely standard and preforms an extremely simple role.

3rd mon!

Iron Treads @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Iron treads for the team really helps alleviate hazard pressure until you've either removed an annoying wall, or you've become ready to sweep/hazards don't matter anymore. Booster energy gives it extra speed so it can keep pace with other treads, and outspeed anything under 513 speed. Tera is for extra eq damage, EVs helps it live stray special hits, along with EP treads. Credit pokeaim's site for this set, ngl I grabbed it and it works really well when its needed.

4th mon!

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

The classic offensive mlg glasses gambit that is forced onto every serious HO team lol. Its role is forcing out extremely fast sweepers, putting stray mons into range, and breaking down special walls in order to enable gren/basc to sweep. It beats goodra-h, clod, florges, etc. I have glasses on here so if I get an SD off kingambit can sweep through frail resists like enam or chipped tusks.

5th mon!

Basculegion-F (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Oh cool, we're actually onto the rain sweepers now. Ok! So, I've decided that female basc is better than male basc on rain. It breaks more pokemon, has better coverage (Ice beam and real ghost stab), and a secondary water move so you can actually have a spammable move that doesn't miss or kill your pokemon. It also works in tangent with gren so having only one special wall won't get the job done for the opponent. Also, modest is unfortunately required for basc so it can deal real damage while still being considerable fast.

Last mon!

Greninja @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

OK, here's the star of the show. So, starting off this looks like a really weird set, and usually people go for a speed nature because booster val. But, I thought to myself : "Why outspeed it when you can just kill it with priority" And so, this set was born! It is incredibly good in the meta rn and kills even bulky threats quite easily. Water shuri is essentially a 60-75 BP priority move as it is garunteed to hit at least 4 times, and sometimes 5 times. Also, gren is your prime tera pokemon as it really appreciates the extra power for shuri, and allows it to ohko kingambit, iron val, enam, ogerpon rock, various frail resists, literally everything that's weak to it, and 90% of neutral pokemon. And, hilariously enough, it beats lorb gren 1v1.

Calcs!

252+ SpA Tera Water Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Valiant in Rain: 280-336 (96.8 - 116.2%) -- approx. 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Tera Water Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Valiant in Rain: 424-504 (146.7 - 174.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Tera Water Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit in Rain: 386-456 (113.1 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Tera Water Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (4 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit in Rain: 320-384 (93.8 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 3 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Greninja: 234-276 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Anyways, have fun with the team. It'll get you out of low ladder within a few hours with good plays and isn't really punished by predictions beyond losing all of your rain sweepers.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/attac...568959/?hash=e604002d2029d2ebdf4343a957f3176b
Proof of elo.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! I'll make some suggestions to your team. Rain teams are pretty similar to each other :P

Big Changes:

Swap :basculegion-f: for :basculegion:. The reasoning for this is you want your two wallbreakers to hit diffrent things. Both of the wallbreakers are walled by things like :toxapex: and :blissey: (wow way more common than u would think). This switch also adds more momentum in Flip Turn. Just a standard :choice-band: set. Wave Crash for crazy damage, Flip Turn for offensively pivoting, Psychic Fangs to get rid of screens as well as hitting :clodsire: and Head Smash to hit :zapdos: and more.

Basculegion (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Head Smash
- Psychic Fangs

Swap :amoonguss: for :Tornadus-Therian:. This helps solve the :ogerpon-wellspring: problem as Hurricane OHKOs unless they tera (then :greninja: can just farm it). It serves as a Regenerator pivot as it has the :eject-button: equipped. 176 speed evs and a Jolly nature hits 354 speed, good for outspeeding :ogerpon-wellspring:.136 SpA evs is for the OHKO on non tera :ogerpon-wellspring: and the rest is poured into hp to serve as a somewhat bulky pivot. Hurricane for massive damage, Weather Ball to further take advantage of rain, Knock Off for item removal and U-Turn to pivot. You can run Focus Blast over Weather Ball for a emergency :kingambit: check. Tera Fairy for a solid defensive type.

Tornadus-Therian @ Eject Button
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 196 HP / 136 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball / Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Small Changes:

Small suggestion, but swap Hydro Pump on :greninja: for Weather Ball or Surf. Both options are more consistent, just pick what you want.

Swap Earthquake on :iron-treads: for Iron Head. This helps vs Veil teams as you can just OHKO :nintales-alola: instead of dealing with its antics.

Thats all! Hope this helps. Go get em! :boi:

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Thanks for posting! I'll make some suggestions to your team. Rain teams are pretty similar to each other :P

Big Changes:

Swap :basculegion-f: for :basculegion:. The reasoning for this is you want your two wallbreakers to hit diffrent things. Both of the wallbreakers are walled by things like :toxapex: and :blissey: (wow way more common than u would think). This switch also adds more momentum in Flip Turn. Just a standard :choice-band: set. Wave Crash for crazy damage, Flip Turn for offensively pivoting, Psychic Fangs to get rid of screens as well as hitting :clodsire: and Head Smash to hit :zapdos: and more.

Basculegion (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Aqua Jet
- Head Smash
- Psychic Fangs

Swap :amoonguss: for :Tornadus-Therian:. This helps solve the :ogerpon-wellspring: problem as Hurricane OHKOs unless they tera (then :greninja: can just farm it). It serves as a Regenerator pivot as it has the :eject-button: equipped. 176 speed evs and a Jolly nature hits 354 speed, good for outspeeding :ogerpon-wellspring:.136 SpA evs is for the OHKO on non tera :ogerpon-wellspring: and the rest is poured into hp to serve as a somewhat bulky pivot. Hurricane for massive damage, Weather Ball to further take advantage of rain, Knock Off for item removal and U-Turn to pivot. You can run Focus Blast over Weather Ball for a emergency :kingambit: check. Tera Fairy for a solid defensive type.

Tornadus-Therian @ Eject Button
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 196 HP / 136 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball / Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Small Changes:

Small suggestion, but swap Hydro Pump on :greninja: for Weather Ball or Surf. Both options are more consistent, just pick what you want.

Swap Earthquake on :iron-treads: for Iron Head. This helps vs Veil teams as you can just OHKO :nintales-alola: instead of dealing with its antics.

Thats all! Hope this helps. Go get em! :boi:
I like the idea of weather ball over hydro, but I often make extremely offensive plays to sweep without rain and this would prevent that. But, I'll test it and see as it does seem very promising for breaking tera water av slowking easier. I disagree with swapping in male basc honestly, the two mons hitting the same targets is beneficial for the team in my experience. For example, against slowking galar, after it teras I can spam shadow ball until it either kills me (which would make it in range of gren) or just force a sac. And also, as for ogerpon I really haven't had problems with it honestly. At the times I could click a water move and invite ogerpon in, I could just as easily click shadow ball and kill the thing in front of me anyways. And, for amoong it really helps having spore and the fairy resistance. But, thank you very much for the recommendations, I'll be testing them on a seperate account to see if they function better.

Pretty cool team. I’d run Knock Off on Pelipper over one of the attacks so you can remove boots and helmet shit from walls that get complacent. Special defense Pelipper works better in my experience right now than physical defense.

Make Basculegion-F Timid to outspeed Booster Val.

Ngl, I think a slower fatter Iron Treads with Volt Switch is better so that you can bring in your breakers. Particularly vs Zapdos. Treads is the only thing that can switch into Zapdos on this team. Unfortunately, the offensive set you are using is walled by it.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Pretty cool team. I’d run Knock Off on Pelipper over one of the attacks so you can remove boots and helmet shit from walls that get complacent. Special defense Pelipper works better in my experience right now than physical defense.

Make Basculegion-F Timid to outspeed Booster Val.

Ngl, I think a slower fatter Iron Treads with Volt Switch is better so that you can bring in your breakers. Particularly vs Zapdos. Treads is the only thing that can switch into Zapdos on this team. Unfortunately, the offensive set you are using is walled by it.
Hi, thanks for the reccomendations. Knock off on peli is hard to justify over its prexisting moves as you kinda need both stabs and uturn, while roost is a flex slot which I've found to be incredibly useful. The reason peli is weak to spd is a purposeful inclusion btw. You can bring it in on val, have it set rain, die, bring in gren, and win. You don't need/sort of don't want peli to be staying in on val as you have amoong. And as for timid, you kinda can't run it as it becomes too weak to do much to walls. Plus, it's not like val is ohkoing basc generally so you shouldn't really mind it outspeeding. Lastly, treads kinda just doesn't care if it is walled by zap, and I regularly bring it in on zap anyways to freely set rocks and click knock off. And, as a bonus treads might even die and open up sweeping lines such as peli->amoong(button)->basc [(force tera water/claim a kill and win)] if tera water->basc dies->gren tera water and win.

Booster Val (and Moth) are super common idk why you would rather take a hit than just killing them. Bascu has decent bulk and you can do some cool things like Tera Water to eat a sucker from Gambit in a pinch. Or live a +2 EQ from Dragonite. I get the power loss kind of stinks. But eating a Val knock off is just unnecessary.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Booster Val (and Moth) are super common idk why you would rather take a hit than just killing them. Bascu has decent bulk and you can do some cool things like Tera Water to eat a sucker from Gambit in a pinch. Or live a +2 EQ from Dragonite. I get the power loss kind of stinks. But eating a Val knock off is just unnecessary.
Problem is, that the hit doesn't matter 90% of the time...either val doesn't kill me and dies, or basc dies and gren comes in for free and wins. And I also just don't need to take the hit anyways, I can just go to amoong and button out, or just go to amoong no button and force out val. And as for moth, almost the exact same situation applies. This time I just force them to tera so they can get the kill/live.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Been running modest LD gren for months now for the same reasons, nice build!
Ye, I made this set a long ass time ago and kept it in my funne folder to make a team with. When I saw how broken rain was as of late with female basc I decided to build it and to no surprise it was bullshit and broken lmao. Btw, I've been experimenting with tera dark on gren and it has shown some promise. What exact set are you running?

Ye, I made this set a long ass time ago and kept it in my funne folder to make a team with. When I saw how broken rain was as of late with female basc I decided to build it and to no surprise it was bullshit and broken lmao. Btw, I've been experimenting with tera dark on gren and it has shown some promise. What exact set are you running?
My best results have been with LD water shuriken, hydro pump, grass knot, ice beam, and I actually found tera grass to be a pretty useful tera both offensively and defensively. Early into the post-HOME meta I was running it with curse screens pult as then I could get that initial kill either by attacking the ghost cursed mon staying in or 2HKOing the switch. Later when screens died down I ran it with garg and future sight glowking on a bulky offense build as both are really good at racking up chip.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
My best results have been with LD water shuriken, hydro pump, grass knot, ice beam, and I actually found tera grass to be a pretty useful tera both offensively and defensively. Early into the post-HOME meta I was running it with curse screens pult as then I could get that initial kill either by attacking the ghost cursed mon staying in or 2HKOing the switch. Later when screens died down I ran it with garg and future sight glowking on a bulky offense build as both are really good at racking up chip.
Interesting, why Gknot? Your other water options deal with great tusk even after tera so a water tera shouldn't be difficult to work around, expecially with garg on the team. Also, if you go tera grass you miss out on ohkoing val with shuri. Although, it does seem interesting on BO/Fat since fez is currently viable.

Interesting, why Gknot? Your other water options deal with great tusk even after tera so a water tera shouldn't be difficult to work around, expecially with garg on the team. Also, if you go tera grass you miss out on ohkoing val with shuri. Although, it does seem interesting on BO/Fat since fez is currently viable.
Gknot came about because of :samurott-hisui: who was omnipresent in the post-HOME meta. Honestly though it doesn’t make much sense now, and should be dropped for dark pulse. With that in mind tera grass is probably outdated as well. In all honesty I just kinda kept running what had been working without putting much thought into DLC meta shifts.

I may experiment some with electric tera blast alongside surf/HP, ice beam, and shuriken though, will come back to that.

Edit: also, re: :Fezandipiti: how viable are we talking?

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
Gknot came about because of :samurott-hisui: who was omnipresent in the post-HOME meta. Honestly though it doesn’t make much sense now, and should be dropped for dark pulse. With that in mind tera grass is probably outdated as well. In all honesty I just kinda kept running what had been working without putting much thought into DLC meta shifts.

I may experiment some with electric tera blast alongside surf/HP, ice beam, and shuriken though, will come back to that.

Edit: also, re: :Fezandipiti: how viable are we talking?
Lol yeah, you can also just power through it with tera pump lmao. And I got fez to 1700 so like. Its pretty good. Also also, update : got gren rain to 1780

this team is really fun, i'm currently 10-0 with it :) i was gonna try to ladder for reqs with the team but do you have any advice vs dragonite? it feels so hard to stop unless i already have basculegion in.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
this team is really fun, i'm currently 10-0 with it :) i was gonna try to ladder for reqs with the team but do you have any advice vs dragonite? it feels so hard to stop unless i already have basculegion in.
Love your bad end theater pfp! But, as for dragonite it isn't too hard to just kill it with peli, sleep it with amoong, or chip it then go to gren and click buttons on it and sweep from there. Gren eats one hit from dnite so it helps a lot there. But, my general lines from something like dnite vs basc locked into surf is ->peli->u-turn (+1)->basc and you can go from there. Keep in mind that against dnite teams it is usually advised to get rid of button on amoong quickly as to not let it get +1 eq chip on amoong and forcing it out. But other than that, I've had no problems against dnite besides the occasional bulky dnite + water gliscor + waterpon and in those situations its kinda just rigged anyways so clicking buttons is all you can do.

Love your bad end theater pfp! But, as for dragonite it isn't too hard to just kill it with peli, sleep it with amoong, or chip it then go to gren and click buttons on it and sweep from there. Gren eats one hit from dnite so it helps a lot there. But, my general lines from something like dnite vs basc locked into surf is ->peli->u-turn (+1)->basc and you can go from there. Keep in mind that against dnite teams it is usually advised to get rid of button on amoong quickly as to not let it get +1 eq chip on amoong and forcing it out. But other than that, I've had no problems against dnite besides the occasional bulky dnite + water gliscor + waterpon and in those situations its kinda just rigged anyways so clicking buttons is all you can do.
that all makes sense, the few games i had vs dnite i always tried knocking its boots first but that definitely was an awful idea lolll, thanks!

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
that all makes sense, the few games i had vs dnite i always tried knocking its boots first but that definitely was an awful idea lolll, thanks!
Lol yeah, the boots on dnite don't matter as long as you can deal bare min of 12% to it before it gets to +3. And no worries, I'm always good with giving advice and if you want you can add me on discord and we can talk more if you'd like!

Lol yeah, the boots on dnite don't matter as long as you can deal bare min of 12% to it before it gets to +3. And no worries, I'm always good with giving advice and if you want you can add me on discord and we can talk more if you'd like!
i'd be down fs! mine is superbigmariofan if you'd like to add me (or you could give me your @). On another note I think I've had a 0% win rate vs rillaboom teams because amoon keeps getting overloaded by the other mons on rilla teams and im not sure how to deal w it.

Zora489

I COULD BE BANNED!
i'd be down fs! mine is superbigmariofan if you'd like to add me (or you could give me your @). On another note I think I've had a 0% win rate vs rillaboom teams because amoon keeps getting overloaded by the other mons on rilla teams and im not sure how to deal w it.
Sent lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)